VNM affirms the following truths…
• We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his atoning death, in his bodily resurrection and in his personal return in power and glory.
• We believe the Bible is the infallible, trustworthy Word of God and speaks with authority on all matters of faith and practice.
• We believe that all people are sinners and that salvation and a restored relationship with God are only possible by God’s grace by placing faith in Jesus.
• We believe the Gospel is God’s good news for the entire world- all nations, cultures and languages. We believe that everyone has the right to hear and understand the Gospel, have a Bible and resources in their own language and to have Christian fellowship available nearby to meet regularly for friendship, teaching and worship.
• We believe the Jesus’ death on the cross and the good news of the Gospel brings healing- physical, emotional, mental and social.
• We believe that men and women are equally created in God’s image and given equal authority, responsibility and stewardship in God’s mission.
• We believe the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, with miracles, comfort and guidance as in the days of the early church; that all the gifts of the Spirit are valid and in operation today and that the fruit of the Holy Spirit should be evident in the lives of believers.
As a mission ministry, VNM affirms the Lausanne Covenant, approved by the International Congress on World Evangelization (https://www.lausanne.org/content/covenant/lausanne-covenant).
VNM also affirms various statement of faiths made by national evangelical groups in the countries we operate in:
• United States- National Association of Evangelicals
• Canada- The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada
• Spain- Federación de Entidades Religiosas Evangélicas de España
• France- Conseil National des Évangéliques de France